Saturday, January 29, 2011

Creative day?

It's been kind of discouraging in a way.  I struggled with this first card forever.  I bought an anywhere square punch from Fiskars a long time ago with the idea of making window cards with it.  I tried 5 times to get the windows straight and it just wasn't going to happen.  I wanted this to be a scene looking out the window panes, but it's just one single window.  I airbrushed the background with Copics and used flower soft on the trees.
The background was another technique that I wanted to try.  It is done by by inking up the flatest side of an embossing envelope and embossing plain white paper.  The example I saw on Stampingmatilda's site was beautiful and the ink was very even.  She did it with distress inks, and I tried that and it came out very blotchy, kind of like putting ink on plastic, which is actually is.  The second attempt was with chalk ink.  It is a thicker ink and usually good on acrylics so I thought it would work well on the plastic embossing folder.  Wrong again.  Maybe if I had a full size ink pad it might have worked better, but I just have the little ones, and it got into the embossed parts which I didn't want.  This is my third attempt with CTMH Garnet dye ink.  It's still a little patchy, but not as bad as with the distress inks.  The leaves are a Martha Stewart stamp, cut out and colored with copics YG41 and YG67.  The bircage is a Studio G stamp, the base is ink distressed with Tea Dye ink.


I'm actually happy with this one.  It is another inspired by Stampingmatilda (Godlieve).  The label is ink distressed with Tea Dye ink with the die still sitting on it, so that it would look "framed" with white.  Image is stamped in same colored ink.  Border is cut with EK border punch.  Sentiment is CTMH.


The next two I did last night.  I made the base card some time ago, and it didn't go with the image I was using, so I set it aside for a while.  The stamped flower, I can't remember who made it, it was an inexpensive one.  I colored it with Copics RV32 and RV34, but it was not done on Neenah paper so it didn't go on real smooth.  Latic border is EK punch.

No comments: