Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Creations of the Year

Should have posted these last night, but I was up too late doing them.  Then couldn't sleep so had to get up again.  Finally back to bed at 4:30 am.  Not a good way to start the year, but I'm happy with my creations.

I got this Close to My Heart stamp at least a couple years ago, and have never used it.  I thought it was cute when I ordered it, but since I didn't do coloring until I got the Copics, I had't used it.  So glad I waited, it was so much fun to do.  I also found a cute paper stack that I forgot I had.  It is DCWV embossed and glittered paper.  Flourish and label cut with Vagabond.  Brown border is from an EK punch.  Ribbon generic.  Pearls are JoAnne's 1$ stuff.
 I wish the cake would show p better, I was so happy with the way it turned out.  It is colored with Copics and then I filled in the white area on the cake, and the cake stand with Jellyroll  pen "Glaze."  It is so cool, because it actually looks like icing on the cake, and just makes it 'pop' right out.  I didn't cover the flowers. 

Background is the same paper stack as above.  Ribbon is from Target in the $1 section.



Cake dish is coated with Glaze like the other one.



No comments: