Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Church Notebook

We are starting a new sermon series at Veritas on Discipleship and Pastor gave us all nice little notebooks to keep all our sermon notes in.  Really great idea, but put a plain black binder with flourescent dividers in my hands and something has to happen!
First I covered it with this really cool handmade paper that I have had around for at least 8 years.  I wanted something flexible enough to go around the binding yet not bind up when you open the book up.  Then of course the sermon series title had to be there, and the church name.  The rest is just fluff or "phoofies" as Dave would say.  I would have done a LOT more to it but since he will be using it too, I restrained myself.
The papers on the inside cover are from a set that I bought about three years ago.  They are in my estimation, timeless in design. 
Of course, the flourescent dividers had to go, replaced by cardstock and some old pre-printed tags I have had in my stash for at least 5 or 6 years.  They were shiny, but I sanded them to better blend, and wound a short piece of twine around the hole.
Flourishes are sizzix die cuts

Though a little less ornate than what I would have preferred, I'm happy with the results and have used some of that old stash.

No comments: