Sunday, February 6, 2011

New Stamp and Die Cut

It's been a while since I've done cards, but I got new inspiration from my Penny Black stamp and Spellbinders die cut.  Yesterday we went to Snohomish to see Skip and Alexis, and the Mewharters and meandered our way to Marysville and Craft Mart.  Foy keeps that store very well stocked with all the latest and greatest, even though the prices are a little steep.  I got this little Valentine girl on sale, so guess that makes up for some of it. 

The first card is done the traditional way, stamped on the die cut and colored with R27 and R37 for her dress, with G12 for her socks and sleeves.  I used #35, E31 and YR21 for the hair.  Hair should be done with YR20, but I don't have it yet, it's on order.  Blush is R02.  Base card is dry embossed, and the red hearts are from a 12x12 piece that I bought to do a wedding album with that I will be doing for a friend. 

I wanted to be able to use the stamp for more than just Valentines, so I stamped her and cut it out leaving the heart antenae off, and colored her in non-traditional colors, V14, V12 and V00 with the polka dots colored with Rose Star Jellyroll pen.  Hair is colored with E25, E33, and E31 for a slightly darker brunnette than the Valentine.  Skin colors are the same as the first.  Pattern Papers are DCWV glitter pack.

No comments: