Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fun with flowers and markers

The directions for making these flowers can be found at valitasfreshfolds.blogspot.com.  She is an asolute genius at making beautiful flowers from punches.  I didn't use punches, but my Spellbinder dies.  The large one was cut from the second smallest oval scalloped die, and the small flowers with the smallest die.  You cut each petal and glue them together.  I made several one day with different pattern papers.  What makes it so much fun is that you can re-purpose those old pattern papers that you don't use anymore.  At least, I don't use them so much since I started stamping.  When you cut down a pattern paper it totally changes the looks.  The one was actually a yellow/pink dahlia floral paper, but when it is cut down it looks like a nice pastel marble.  I inked each petal.  The centers are made with a small starburst punch that has been in my drawer for years.  I covered it with glitter, but don't think I will with the next ones.   
 This one is for "somebody" I know that likes orange.  It was meant to be a birthday card, but I didn't get it off in time.  I think she will like it anyway.  Colored with Copics.

1 comment:

Gladys said...

so pretty card! love the flower!