Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bird Cage

There are several techniques used in this baby!  To start with the birdcage is cut from grunge board.  I wanted to use the black distress poweders on it, but after two attempts, I didn't like the results.  I had a piece of grunge board that I tried to cut a leave out of, but it didn't cut all the way through, so I thought I'd just give that piece a try.  When I cut the birdcage it did show some imprints from the other die cut, so I decided to emboss it to cover up those lines.  I love the way it turned out.  It was a swirly leaf with litle flowers, but hardly distinquishable on the birdcage.  I then airbrushed it with C9, a dark grey, copic.  I like to use the dark grey rather than black.  Then I used a silver pigment ink pad and rubbed over the top of that.  It gave it a really cool metalic look, but not shiny.  There are Making Memories antique finish jump rings in the holes on the bottom of the cage.  The background is also a combination of techniques that I just kept trying untl it came out how I wanted it.  It is creme cardstock that was misted with Green Patina and Pewter perfect pearls.  Then I put Rusty Hinge distress ink on my glass mat and sprayed it again with the pewter perfect pearls and rubbed the paper onto it.  I repeated the process with Brushed Courdoroy Distress ink.  I dried it with a heat gun then embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder.  The flourishes are die cut from Tim Holtz Alterations.  The leaf is a Sizzix die.  Flowers are cut from the Sizzix hydrangea die using two large petals and one small.

No comments: