This is the inside of the border of the die cut on yesterday's, and the outside of the same one. Does that make sense? If you read yesterday's post it should. I cut it exactly in half and mounted it on either side. The embossing looks silver but it is actually Satin Pearl. The whole thing reminds me of a corset. This is also more of the Basic Grey Stack.
I got to play a little bit more yesterday and was able to pick up some more clay to finish my shadow box. The first post of this is in an older post. If you click "stamping" in the labels it will be the first one. This was fun to do as an experiment but I don't think I'll be doing any more. The idea came from this month's Stampers Sampler, and when I saw that I just had to try it. I will eventually get some miniatures to put in the cubbies. The images are stamped with rubber stamps, and one with a cuttlebug embossing folder. Acrylic stamps do not work for stamping in clay. The stamping n the cubbies are actually pieces that I had experimented with over time and put into a can with others. I went through the stash and found some I thought would look good with it. It took four packs of clay. For a couple of them I mixed light and dark clay for a variation. When you bake fimo it comes out kind of dull looking. But with the inking it gives it a little sheen and feels real nice in your hands. The dye inks take a little longer to dry. For actual stamping you have to use archival or stazon ink. The brown images on this are archival and the black is stazon. I had to build up the center area so that you don't have to use a ton of clay to bring it up to the frame height. I sacrificed a corrugated plastic parking sign for the community and it worked perfect, just had to do two layers and glue them together. But when I was done I realized that I had foam core I could have used. It would have been much easier to cut! I didn't need the sign anyway, we got a new towing company....haha.