Monday, May 11, 2009

Thank You Tags

When we were at Snohomish we had a big double bulletin board and during the spring/summer half of it was my "Kudo's Korner" where I would post pictures of people's yards that were exceptionally well maintained or most improved. It was met with much enthusiasm. Here we don't have a bulletin board but I still want to acknowledge good work. So I was thinking that I would do a bunch of these tags and hang them on people's door knobs just to tell them thanks for .... whatever. Then I will write on the back. What do you think? Today is day 5 of Nutrisystem, and I think I'm doing pretty well. I was hoping to get to 5 lbs by the end of the week, but don't think I'll quite make that. I told Dave to take the scales and hide them and he didn't, so I keep weighing myself every morning. I can't help it, it's an obsession. The food actually tastes good. I was afraid it would be like the frozen dinners you buy in the store, but they are really nothing like that. The deserts are nothing to jump up and down about, but it's just enough to make it feel like I'm actually being "treated." If I can hold out with the $300 a month I should be able to do this. Still no call backs from customer service after my trying four times last week to answer her messages.

Things will be a little slower this week with Marjie and Steve back from their trip and rents almost all in. Did a bit more painting on the house that's going to be for sale, and hopefully it will be ready to carpet by the end of this week. I'm anxious to get it advertised and sold! Also got to work outside a little today with a project I've been contemplating for months. The area next to the front steps to the office is nothing but moss, so I wanted to make a flower bed there, but I have to have a walkway for the mower to get through because it is raised and we would have to lift the mower up.... not going there! So I bought four 12"x12" red brick pavers for a pathway. Then after looking at it, I didn't like the look. But then I thought about breaking the pavers up and doing a mosaic. So yesterday I went out and dug up for the little flowerbed, leveled the ground for my walkway and put them down on top of landscape fabric. I was going to put fine gravel in between, but Dave said something about sand, so today we picked some up and poured it in between the broken pieces of brick. I kind of like the way it looks. The pavers were on sale for $1 each, so the biggest expense was the bag of pavers sand. The flower bed still has some work to be done on it, but I got the biggest hunks of sod out and have to wait for it to dry up a bit before finishing and putting some topsoil on top. When I get it done with flowers etc, I will post some pics. Now I'm "kind of" thinking about doing a walkway on the other side. Already have the flower bed there, put it in last summer.

No comments: