Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Isn't it Friday yet?

I got a message from the manager of Customer Service today for NS, but I wasn't home. Guess I'll call back tomorrow. In the meantime, the food came today so I'll be starting tomorrow. I'll post my progress when it happens.

Got some cards done tonight from the inky backgrounds I've been working on. The first two are done by spraying reinkers on to cardstock with perfect pearls in it. Unfortunately you can't see the shimmer in the scans. I tried photographing them and it didn't make any difference. The stamps on the first one are CTMH Friendship puzzle. The paper is Wild Asparagas and the chipoard flower is CTMH. Leaves are cut from PP and flower is on with pop dot for dimension. Same technique with different colors. Stamp is a 2001 PSX.

For the background on this one I dropped the reinkers on a glass mat sprayed it lightly with air to move it around and then blotted the cardstock on it and lifted up. Then I lightly sprayed it with the reinker/perfect pearls solution to cover the white left on the cardstock. I also sprayed the paper flower with the same color that is on the background. It is also shimmery, but you can't see it. I think this background is my favorite. There was another one that was really cool too, but I messed up with the stamp and didn't have the stem aligned with the flower. I might try and use it anyway because the background is so pretty. Stamps are CTMH.

With these fun new techniques I'm learning I might just make it to 100 for Relay. I'm at 86 or 87, can't remember.




No comments: