Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cards

I saw this card (one very similar) in the new Paper Crafts Mag (my all time favorite) and just had to do it. I didn't have any black flowers so I went to Scrapbook Nook and the only black flowers they had were in a fancy little box with 15 flowers (red, white and black) for $6.99. Outrageous! But I did it anyway. I'm just awful because I get something in my mind and I have to do it. I think the one in the magazine had black trim above the lace and mine is a stamp. The stamped flower is slightly different and I added the little dots. But I really liked the way it turned out. I liked it so much that I wanted to do another, but I have this thing about not doing two cards exactly the same, so I changed it out a bit. Actually, I stamped the black trim upside down on accident, but there are no accidents in paper crafts are there? I like the first one best, but for a variation it's okay.

I've literally been dreaming about doing some resist techniques for some cards and was going to pick up some glossy cardstock and forgot, then found some in my rack. The sentiment is a rub on. The flower is stamped on the glossy with versamark ink and heat embossed, then the blue is sponged on over the top. The embossed areas don't take the ink so it comes out white.

When I was active with Close to My Heart I was in a monthly kit club and would get all these different kids with pieces and patterns for two 12" layouts and a couple cards. With 12 months of kits I never made even one. This is the paper from the last kit but my own pattern. Usually with a resist method like this, after heat embossing I would use the brayer to apply the ink color, and that is what I did with the juniper (turquoise) ink but it came out with lines on it and I didn't like it. I was going to toss it, but tried sponging on some sorbet (orange) over it and really liked the results. It gave it more of a modeled look.










No comments: