Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm in Love with Tim Holtz!

We went to Ben Franklin after closing (the office) tonight. I needed to get some more mica powder (perfect pearls) and nobody around here sells them individually. I also wanted to get some more alcohol inks. You take these powders and mix them with Tim Holtz distressing inks and them use his little mini misters to apply it to the paper. I got a bunch of the new Brights alcohol inks and some of the regular ones, then some distresssing inks and several jars of Perfect Pearls powder. Then I thought I would juset look at the Cuddlebug embossing folders and found this one. I didn't realize it had an embossing folder and a cutting die and was $20 instead of $6. I was going to take it back but Dave wouldn't let me. But anyway, this is the embossed image and the background is a pattern paper misted with Weathered Wood distressing ink with Forever Blue Perfect Pearls and Milled Lavender distressing ink with Interference Violet Powder. You can just barely see the pattern behind it. The metallic effect doesn't really show here very well. I'm thinking of all those old papers that I am not crazy about any more and how I can alter them with this technique. You can't see the white cardstock base in the scan, but it has an edge of white showing. I don't think that you can actually see the shimmer from the powder either, but it's really pretty. This is #84 for my Relay for Life cards.

I thought I should edit this post and add that Tim Holtz, for those who don't know is the creator of the alcohol and distressing inks and all the little goodies that I've been gorging on lately.

1 comment:

liannallama said...

That is so soft and pretty! I bet it's wonderful in person!