Saturday, April 25, 2009

Alcohol Inks

This first one was not done with alcohol inks. It was heat embossed with white on white glossy card stock and then brayered on with lavender ink. It's been sitting around for a while and I was inspired with my archival ink to finish it. The embossing doesn't show well with the glare from the scanner. This is a combination of techniques from Tim Holtz website. It is alcohol inks and I applied the blender solution to the glossy cardstock, then put drops of the alcohol inks on that, and then used the canned air to gently blow it across the page. I tried the canned air technique the way he explains it on his video but didn't like it at all. I love it with the blending solution though because it really softens the effect and gives it a very marbly look.
Same technique but with more colors and gold metalic. I love it! I really like these old Club Scrap stamps that I dug out of my stash too. The flourish on the bottom of the card is heat embossed with gold embossing powder. Was going ot put a sentiment on it, but thought I'd just leave it the way it is.


You can't see it in the scans, but the background is glossy and especially the blue one looks like marble. Love this stuff!

No comments: