Monday, June 15, 2009

This is SO bad!

This is the remains of an avacodo plant that I started from seed 9 years ago! I put it outside last year during the summer and it did just fine. So as soon as the frosts were over, I put it out again. However, we had unseasonably warm weather that first week and it burned the leaves. So I moved it to a cooler place on the deck, but that didn't help, it still got burned. So I brought it in the house. Not wanting to put it in it's former place of honor in front of the window, I left it sitting by the front door... the door we rarely use.... and forgot about it. Before I knew it, it was a pile of dead leaves on the floor. Dave wanted me to get rid of it but I hung in there for a last hope and started watering it again. Lo and behold! There are dozens of little starts all the way down the poor bare stem that formerly held big leaves. I think by the end of the summer that it will be back to it's former glory. At least I think the little starts are still alive. They could just be petrified! Stay tuned...








2 comments:

Sue McGettigan said...

Oh poor baby!! I have a HUGE avocado tree in the yard, courtesy of a former owner, luckily it's too established for me to kill it off :) Hope your baby avocado flourishes!

Tami Bayer said...

Poor little avocado tree. There's alot of hope in that little sprout, though. Love your raised garden bed, too. You've got a little green on those inky fingers, too.