Sunday, October 9, 2011

Next Installment of cards

I don't know what it is with me and three's, but my cards are coming this way for now. 
 As I dug out my left over Christmas papers I am just not that happy with them.  Maybe it is because they are mostly all patterns, and patterns don't really go so well with copic colored images.  It just makes them look so overdone.  I do like these papers.  I picked them up at a garage sale this summer and they are a Colorbok pack that I think I paid $3 for.  Great deal!  The patterns are subtle so they don't over-take the image.
 The stamp is an 1988 Hero Arts stamp from my stash.  I still really like it and it is quite simple to color.  I tried different mediums to color the stars.  One is gold Gelly Roll, another silver Gelly Roll and the third is silver Spica To You.  I didn't like the Spica as well as the Gelly Roll.  I used a white pigment ink pen to color in snow on the trees, and white Glaze pen on the rooftops. Labels are Spellbinders, Merry Christmas ribbon is Making Memories from my stash.

No comments: