Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Magazine inspirations

The first card was inspired by Paper Crafts Nov/Dec issue, page 23.  The artist had stamped three red Christmas balls on the white, but I thought this was a perfect showcase for the shiny rosettes made from the rosette die.  I made three of these, and the other two I heat embossed the phrase, but the ink actually matches the red papers better on this one.  Lacey scallop border is a Martha Stewart punch.  I'm not having much luck with punches lately, I have jammed up two of them this week, this one included.
 These layered pattern paper cards are inspired by Quick Cards magazine that is published in the UK.  Kind of a pricey magazine since it is imported, but you get a "free" stamp set with it (not used on this card).  The snowflake is a Making Memories from my stash.  Stamp is Close to My Heart Holiday Commentary.

No comments: