Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Card a Day 38 and 39

My first card today is one I did before we left for vacation.  Don't tell any of my Stampeas friends but this is for a challenge for Winterfest also...shh... it's a secret.  Background is masked with versamark and then distressed with T.H. Distressing inks.  Sentiment is Unity, BG stamps are Unity and Close to My Heart combo.

I did this one last night playing with my new Sizzix dies on my Cuttlebug.  I just love how you can use any brand or type of die-cut with these simply by playing around with what plate you use.  This is one of the old fat ones, and I simply removed the 'A' tray and used to 'B' plates. The flowers are cut from some of the paper staks that I bought on sale in Florida (DCWV), ink distressed and mounted with pop dots.  I embossed the flower centers with Swiss Dots and mounted flush on the card base.  Card base papers are an old MM stack.  Green ribbon is CTMH, pink is new Target $1 set.  Make sure you check out their  new ribbon sets, thre are some real cute cupcake ones!  I bought 6 sets last night.  Sentiment stamp is Studio G.
Both of these cards were fun to do for different reasons.  If I can continue to do 2 cards a day I will be caught up by Feb 24.  With Winterfest coming soon that shouldn't be a problem.

No comments: