Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My new Favorite

I worked for hours on this card and I absolutely love it.  So much so that I think it is going to be a card to me.  I don't want to give it away.  There always has to be one thing that I wish I had done differently though.  The clear snowflakes, I heat embossed with Kaleidoscope embossing powder.  It wasn't easy since they are a thin plastic and got very soft under the heat gun, but they survived and look pretty.  But, the bottom one I cut off thinking that it was going to keep the card from closing, and it really would have been fine.  The other snowflakes I have are much larger, so can't just replace it. 
The flourishes are Tim Holtz grungeboard elements. 

The little girl stamp is one I got today at a new stamp store I found in Tukwila.  I went looking for a vintage santa stamp and liked her better.  She is stamped in brown.  Joy is a Studio G stamp, heat embossed with black.  Gold embossed flourish is an Inkadinkado woody.  Sentiment is Wordsworth.  Patterned cardstock for the card base is from Printworks, Pattern papers are from DaisyD's.  The cs for the stamped image was distress inked with Fired Brick and Peeled Paint.  All edges are distressed with Walnut Ink Distress Ink.

This one I did yesterday.  It's a little more casual.  I like the combination of papers.  The Grungeboard element on the front is heat embossed with red ep, and then painted with Smooch paints.  It was okay with the Smooch, but I just liked it better.  Merry Christmas is a nameless acrylic.  Sentiment is one that I've had for a long time and the brand I don't recognize, Great Impressions. 


These cards are called Tri Fold Shutter card and the tutorial is on Splitcoaststampers.com.

1 comment:

liannallama said...

your cards are amazing! I love all the details and how the patterns go together so perfectly! Love the stamp too!