Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Demise of the Tomato

Sadly, this is all that is left of my aerogarden tomato plants. It must be a record though. It was growing for 7 months and still producing. I cut off all these little babies and discarded the plants. There were many more tiny babies but I figured they weren't going to get any bigger. The root system was so prolific that it had smothered the filter in the aerogarden and blocked the pump from running. Usually aerogarden roots are like little white hairs, but this actually had a stem-like root in the center of each plant. I had removed one tomato plant several months ago because I didn't like the taste of the particular tomato. But onward and upward, my seed started kit is on order... back order, but I placed the order anyway.

No comments: