Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Playing around

Been wanting to try the cut for the label, so instead of sitting in front of the tube with the puter in my lap, I decided to get up and play last night.

The label is cut with the Tim Holtz Alterations "on the edge" die (on my new vagabond :)).  I cut one side, then turned it around and matched it up with the first cut to get the oval shape.  The flower flourish is a Stampendous one that I've had for a long time and not used..  Coilored with Copics.  Don 't know if you can see it, but it is also shadowed with the lightest grey around the flower and flourishes.  Really adds a nice touch.  I haven't used the technique much.  Background is embossed with Tim's embossing envelopes.  I airbrushed the background with Copics and then used darker distress ink with Tim's distressing tool.  The label is also inked on the edges with distress inks.  It was with milled lavender but actually looks more yellowish, don't know why.  Sometimes inks look very different when using the direct to paper method.

No comments: