Thursday, December 2, 2010

More Christmas fun

This first card is a one layer that I dry embossed the cover, then applied gold embossing powder to the ridges and heat embossed.  The die cut is "quilted" with 1/2" strips of an embossed pattern paper.  A couple years ago I bought a pack of this paper and split it with Christy and I still have lots of it.  I ran the die cut base through the xyron so there wouldn't be a lot of gluing and just trimmed the edges when done. 
 The white looking part of the snowflake is actually die cut on the car itself.  The white showing through is actually the inside of the card.  I glued three other little die cut snowflakes on top of that and added the bling.  The white "frame" is actually the trim on the die cut that I used on the inside of the card below.
I just love my little jellyroll glitter pen.  The little flourishes on the snowman are outlined with the jellyroll pen.

 The front of this one is dry embossed with one of my new Sizzix embossing folders, then I die cut the snowfkaje abd added the embossed snowflakes and bling as with the other card.

 Though it doesn't show well, this is the inside of the last card.  The blue snowflake on the left side is actually the "positive" of the die cut from the front, and the stamped image "jellyrolled" is on the right.  These were all quite time comsuming but I like the results and it is something just a little out of the ordinary.

No comments: