Thursday, September 18, 2008

Christmas Already?

I am doing things a little differently this year since I have so many more cards to make. I get very bored if I do them all the same, but in order to utilize my time best I am going to do several with the same basic design just altering them a little. The scalloped circles were cut with the cricut Mini Monogram cartridge. The stamps are random woodies that I've picked up, heat embossed with gold powder. There is no such thing as a mistake is there? The second circle is covering up a minor flaw, but I like the results. The santa stamp is Close To My Heart. On the inside of the card it says "...a Merry Little Christmas." Second card as CTMH sparkles on the circle but I think it needs a little more something.

Stamps are my new Fancy Pants Design set "Blissful Season." It's my first set of Fancy Pants and I have to say that I am dissappointed in them. They don't give the clear image that Close to My Heart stamps do. I've tried all the tricks and still not very good.
I've been going nuts buying Martha Stewart Glitter. I stamped it first with the glue stamp and it didn't stick very well, so I went over it with my glue pen and it actually looks better IRL. The second card - the tree is a Close to My Heart stamp and MS glitter on the circles. I think that the ribbon is Making Memories.
There were other variations of most of these cards but they were so similar that I didn't scan them. I'm looking forward to doing my cards this year. I will be giving them to the residents here and trying to sell some on Craig's list for the benefit of the "Mighty Mouse Brigade" American Cancer Society's 2009 Relay for Life.

No comments: