Saturday, March 9, 2013

Shifting Gears

I am not giving up card making, but something else has entered my life.  My husband gave me a new embroidery machine for Christmas (well, actually before Christmas, he's not very good at keeping secrets).  I did some sewing for my expected first great grand baby but was scared to try the embroidery for three whole months!  I am signed up for a usage class that is next week, but I got tired of waiting, so I jumped in!
 I made these towels from some muslin that was given to me by a friend.  They are 30" x 30".  This is actually one towel with a design on either end.
 One big problem is that if you have an error, like thread breaking, or bobbin matting up it ruins the whole design and you have to start over again.  Maybe in my class I will learn a way to fix that problem.  I've wasted a couple towels and a few hours work already.
These are "flour sack" towels from Target.
 I love the snowflakes.  Each one takes about an hour to make and they are finished of with Swarovsky crystals which you cannot see on the scan.  I plan on using these on my cards at Christmas.  I think I will attach them with ribbon so that they can be easily removed and used on the tree.

No comments: