Sunday, February 10, 2013

Wedding Card Re-Do

I did this card about a week early, but then kept looking at it and thinking it was missing something (posted previously). The brown roses are some that I bought at the Scrapbook Expo in Puyallup.  They were so cute, but really too big and bulky to use on a mailed card, or for that matter, most any card. So I cut the bottom off to make it flatter, removed a few pedals to make it a little smaller, and squished it down which I think made it more vintage looking.
The red and white flowers were some paper pointsettia's I bought for Christmas cards.  But on looking them over I wasn't real happy with them, and I think I might have used them once.  I cut the red one in half and buried the cut side under the lace flowers.  I really like the white petals though.  I cut single petals off and put them under the edge also.  You can't see real well here but they ave a snowy-like clear glitter on the ends that really helped add a little bling.  I was happy with the results.

No comments: