Saturday, February 25, 2012

Christmas 2012

Okay, I know that i've totally lost my mind, but I got this sudden urge to do Christmas cards.  My plan was to do just the part that has to be colored.  Then I thought I would just put them on the base card and decorate, but then when I see that, I can't seem to leave it unfinished, and have to complete it.  I know that when the new Christmas papers come out next fall that I will be sorry.  But with the amount of cards that I do, I guess that it can't hurt.  And you never know when the urge might subisde.

I want to do more cards next year that are more Christ centered, and i just totally fell in love with this Baby Jesus and angel.  Note how the light source is from Baby Jesus with the lighter hair next to Him and the hay being lighter around Him.  I think I will be doing a lot of this little guy.  The stamp is from Mo Mannings digital pencil.  The flourishes and snowflake on the bottom have glitter on them, but it doesn't show in the scan.
 A more traditional Christmas card with non-traditional colors.  I love reds and greens but I like to throw in a few odd-balls here and there.  I loved her hair, but it really isn't that easy to color and get good depth with.  This is another Mo Manning digi stamp with die cuts from Tim Holtz and Sizzix.

No comments: