Sunday, January 27, 2013

I haven't posted for so long that I thought I would add something so that those that do follow my blog don't get entirely bored with coming here and having nothing to look at. I have been busy however.  I completed 25 Birthday cards for my company, and have started the next batch. The first one I used some handmade washi tape.  I've been wanting to try this for a long time, and finally got around to it.  Iused regular white tissue paper, and colored it with Distress Stains, then stamped it.  Then I turned it over and put score tape on it, then trim.  I really like the look and there are so many possibilities.
 Another technique I've been wanting to do, but I have done it before.  Stamping and then cutting apart and mounting like a mosaic.  The stamp and paper are a free gift from the British Paper Crafts magazine that I subscribe to.  The articles are "so-so", but I love their gifts that you get every month.
 The second time I have done this style with the frame cut with two dies.
 I have struggled and really had to stretch myself to get ideas for mens cards, and I have to have half of my order for the company for men.  I like this one though with the gears, the pocket watch and the Tim Holtz stamp behind.

 Also wanted to try this masking technique to get the trees behind the car.  I think it turned out pretty good.
On the other end of the spectrum of my life, I continue to manage the property here at Auburn Hills.  While winter is a little slower for me as I don't have gardening issues, it does always bring challenges with concerns of snow storms and freezing pipes and such in the community, but so far so good this year. 

I started a really great weight loss program last fall.  It is a Christ centered life style program called "Losing to Live" and I am really excited about it.  I did it for 3 months and then started a class at my church.  I am very anxious to see the changes it, and Christ can make in the lives of my friends as well as with myself.

No comments: