Thursday, September 13, 2012

Christmas Ornament

I love love love this die by Memory Box.  It is actually two dies, the top and the bottom.  The top was really hard to cut until I got a tip to use bubble wrap between the paper and the die, and now it works perfect.  The background on both dies are actually glitter paper, and the flourish front is a shiny cardstock.
 I finally figured out how to make tiny bows too, by using a fork (the tines) to wrap the ribbon around, and then sewing the center together.  It makes the perfect little size and they are always uniform in size.  I just have to make sure that I sew it exactly in the center or it will be lopsided.
I didn't know how well I would like the white background on a white card, so I mounted it on red glitter paper.  This cardstock is pretty expensive comparatively so didn't want to waste it, so I cut the center out and I can use it to cut more ornaments or something else.

No comments: